Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lights Flashing: My Photography Experience (Blog 2: Article Critique)

This past year I was the photography editor for the Wingspan newspaper and I have to say that the experience was both rigorous and fulfilling. I feel I had the most difficult job on staff perhaps with the exception of the Editor-In-Chief Sarah. I was responsible for making sure that all the articles in every paper had a picture and that the center spread was done with a diligent effort. The job was a lot harder than I expected. It was so much more than just snapping pictures. I feel like being the head photographer helped me grow in so many ways. I know that I could have done better this past year by trying harder and taking better pictures. There were so many times when I would just do the bare minimum and took the worst of pictures in the shortest amount of time. I know that I could have put forth a little more effort and tried a lot harder. I was always so stressed when second round deadlines would come, I always felt like I never had enough pictures so I would run around looking for things to take pictures for.
My favorite and least favorite part about being the photography editor was that I had to be in charge of keeping the cameras. I really Love/Hated that. I lost our best camera the first week of class. I was really upset about that. The part about having the cameras that I loved was getting to take all kinds of pictures whenever I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment